Apply For New Permit
Please note that every ground transportation driver shall be affiliated with a company that is duly permitted by the Airport under the provisions of Title 25. Regardless of the contractual relationship between the individual driver and the company, the company will be responsible for all fees and charges incurred by the drivers, and the company will be billed accordingly.
A non-refundable application fee of $200.00 is required. This fee will be collected upon sign-off the Ground Transportation Permit.
Incomplete applications will be returned to the sender and the $200 application fee will be forfeit. A new application and new application fee must be submitted when the necessary documents are in place.
To Apply For New Ground Transportation Permit, you must:
- READ THESE DOCUMENTS:
- Complete the New Permit Application form. Please be prepared to upload the following attachments with your application as appropriate.
- Exhibit C: Required Coverage
- Sample ACCORD insurance certificate
- Complete the Airport Authorized Vehicle List
- Please download, complete and save this list to submit with your application
- Save on your computer, in case of changes to your fleet.
NOTE: An updated Driver List or Airport Authorized Vehicle List must be submitted each time you make changes to your driver staff or fleet of vehicles. Drivers and vehicles are not authorized to operate at the airport unless they are on these lists, and must not operate until these forms have been submitted to Ground Transportation.
- Complete the Complete the Workers Compensation Waiver
- If Worker’s Compensation coverage is not required by law, Permittee shall submit a Worker’s Compensation Waiver form to the Airport.
- Please type your information and print a copy to submit with your application.
- City of San Jose business license (required of all operators, regardless of where the business is located)
- The Ground Transportation Unit will contact you to schedule an appointment. Please prepare and bring the following items to the appointment:
- Permit Fee
A check or money order must be made out to City of San Jose, in the amount of $200.00.
- Security Deposit
The security deposit generally reflects two months worth of trip fees or $100 whichever is greater. For more information, please contact Ground Transportation at AirportGT@sjc.org.
NOTE: The permit fee and trip deposit fee must be on separate checks/money orders.
- Two photos of your vehicle(s), showing the overall paint scheme and markings. One photo must be of the front of the vehicle. The other photo must be a side view of the vehicle. Markings must be visible in the photo (e.g. Company info, authorities—CA#, PSC/TCP).
- Bring applicable receipts for payment (see below) to the appointment:
Payment of applicable fees Invoices, citations, liquidated damages and other applicable fees must be paid before the permit can be approved. Credit card payments can be arranged by phone. Payments can be made in person at San Jose City Hall, 200 East Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95113-1905.
- To check payment of invoices call Jennifer You 408-392-3665.
- To check payment of citations call (408) 535-7055.
- Permit Fee
IMPORTANT: Please allow 4-6 weeks for permit processing. The permit is not valid until you receive written notification from the Ground Transportation Unit stating that your permit is complete and valid. You are not authorized to conduct commercial operations at the Airport until you receive this written notice. You may be subject to fines, denial of your permit and other corrective actions if you operate without authorization.